The iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones in the world, but usually, your homescreen is going to look the same as other people’s homescreens. All you need to know is how to change app icon on iPhone.
You might not like the look of a particular icon. Maybe there are some that are worth changing. Or maybe all the default icons make you sick to your core.
How to change app icons on iPhone
If you’re ready to make your iPhone your own, it’s time to dive in. Just a note before we start. This can be a time-consuming process, so gear up.
- Open the Shortcuts app and press the plus button + in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Add Action.
- Search for Open app and select it.
- Click on the App button on the action.
- Select the applications whose icons you want to change.
- Click on Open app in the top menu bar and give the shortcut a name that matches the relevant application.
- Then, click on the More options icon next to the name and select Add to Home Screen.
- click on the Shortcut icon and select Choose Photo.
- Select the image you want to use for the app icon and tap Choose.
- Click Add to complete the process.
Use new app icons to personalize your iPhone
Once you hit add, the Shortcuts app will close automatically and take you to your home screen where the new icon should appear. From here, you are free to move the shortcut wherever you want.
To avoid confusion, you might want to move the actual application somewhere out of sight.