Instagram is great for video content, but there are restrictions on video length. Today in this post I will tell you how to share a video up to 10 minutes in one post.
Instagram has long supported video content, but they still don’t give you nearly as many options as other platforms like Facebook or YouTube.
The biggest restriction on Instagram video content is the length of the video you can post – and it’s different for each of Instagram’s video platforms.
Length of Instagram Videos, the restrictions are as follows:
- Instagram Stories: One Instagram story cannot be more than 15 seconds long.
- Instagram Reels: Videos less than 60 seconds.
- Instagram Video: Videos up to 10 minutes long.
- Instagram IGTV: Live videos and IGTV videos can last up to 60 minutes.
With such limited time duration, it becomes quite frustrating when you wish to upload a video that has a longer time duration. But, break these limits how to post long videos on Instagram. Well, we have found some ways to upload long videos on Instagram too. Explore our suggestions and choose the best fit for your needs.
So, let’s get started and learn how to make Instagram story longer without any further ado.
Method 1. Upload a video directly to Instagram with multiple segments
Although Instagram’s story limit is only 15 seconds, there is a way for you to post longer videos. Simply select a 60-second long video from inside the app and Instagram will automatically split it into shorter 15-second clips.
This will happen even if you use the app’s camera to record your clip. But what do you do if the video you want to upload is longer than 60 seconds? You can trim videos using your phone’s video editing feature. This will trim your 1-minute video into four 15-second clips.
You can then post your videos to stories without any restrictions.
Method 2: Upload to Your Instagram IGTV
If you want your video to be on feed and not disappear after 24 hours then using IGTV option is the best option for you. Here we will review how to upload your videos to IGTV from your computer.
1. Open the Instagram app on your desktop.
2. Go to your profile page.
3. To create your IGTV channel, click on IGTV and then click on ‘Get Started‘ button.
4. Lastly, click on Create Channel to publish your IGTV channel.
5. Now upload your video by clicking on upload button.
6. Fill the details and click on post button.
Your new long video is ready to amaze your audience without any complicated process. Using a computer to post your video lets you take advantage of the desktop’s more advanced editing features to make your job easier.