Your username is the most important thing for any social media profile. This way people can recognize you, connect with you and engage with your brand. So, what happens when you want to edit or change your username on Snapchat?
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
Snapchat has finally rolled out the option to change your username. Note that you can only change your Snapchat username once a year. We used an Android device for this demonstration, but the steps are the same on the iPhone. With that out of the way, here’s how to change your Snapchat username.
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your “Bitmoji” or “profile” in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the “Settings cog” in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Tap on Username in the menu. Click the blue Change username hyperlink under your current username.
3. Snapchat will now warn you that you can only change your username once a year. Tap “Continue” to accept, type your new username in the “Username” textbox, and press the “Next” button.
4. Enter your password and press the “Confirm” button. When the confirmation prompt appears, press “Continue” to confirm the changes.
5. And that’s it! Tap Continue to confirm. A confirmation window will appear.
How to Change Your Snapchat Display Name on Android and iOS
1. Open your Snapchat app. Go to Bitmoji and click on the “Settings“ wheel icon.
2. Under “My Account” settings, Click on “Name” to change your display name.
3. Now all you have to do is enter a new Snapchat display name and hit the green “Save” button.
4. After you save the new display name, it will immediately appear on your Snapchat profile, as you can see in the image below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my Snapchat username?
Snapchat is rolling out a new feature that allows users to change their username. We have added all the steps to change your Snapchat username in this article.
can i reuse my snapchat username?
Unfortunately no. Username cannot be reused once claimed by the user. This is another reason why you’ll need to make sure you no longer want your old username before trying something new. If you make a mistake, you won’t have the option to change it back.
How do I find someone on Snapchat without their username?
Yes, You can find people without even knowing their Snapchat username. If you know their email address, or their phone number, you can use those details to find them and add them to your Snapchat friends list. You can use the Quick Add feature to add people from your contacts list.