Using Instagram Messages is fun, but deleting chat history is frustrating. but not anymore. Now Instagram has Vanish Mode.
What is Instagram Vanish Mode?
Instagram Vanish Mode was launched a few months ago so you can send messages that disappear after reading. It is very similar to Snapchat. Get this mode and you can have fun, casual conversations with messages that don’t stick around!
Although using Instagram Vanish Mode sounds like fun and safe, please don’t use the new mode to send messages you don’t want others to know. Others people can easily screenshot your messages and you won’t get any notification.
How to Activate Instagram Vanish Mode
1. Open your Instagram app and click on the chat icon.
2. Go to the chat window and swipe up. You are now in Vanish Mode.
3. Once it’s activated, Instagram will go into dark mode and some ‘shush‘ emoji 🤫will fall from the top of your screen to indicate that you’re in Vanish Mode. Your chat friend is notified with a message on the screen that they are chatting in Vanish mode. Go ahead and send your Instagram direct message as usual.
How to Disable Instagram Vanish Mode
1. Open a chat box where you have enabled Vanish Mode.
2. Swipe up again from the bottom of your screen, and hold down your screen until you see Release to turn off Vanishing Mode.
This feature will only work if people follow each other on Instagram. This is a security precaution on the part of the company so that you do not have to deal with unwanted messages from strangers on Instagram.
You can choose to opt-in to this feature with anyone or to decline the request. You have complete control over your chat experience.