Filters are an integral part of Snapchat. While Snapchat Lenses may have stolen the mess of filters, the latter are used by Snapchat users to highlight special moments, add color effects, and more to their stories. If you’ve ever wondered how you can create your own Snapchat filter, this guide is for you. We’ve detailed the step-by-step process of creating Snapchat filters.
Create your Own Snapchat Filters 2022
How to Create Snapchat Filter on Computer
If you want to create Snapchat filters from your computer, follow these easy steps. But first, head over to Snapchat’s Create Your Own page to start designing.
1. Open Snapchat’s Create Your Own website and select a template. Snapchat has many templates for different occasions like weddings, birthdays, graduations to name a few. Choose the template you like and customize the text and add colors to personalize the filters.
Note: You also have the option of importing own custom filters. Keep in mind that files must less than 300KB in and size be 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution. It should also be a .PNG file with a transparent background.
2. Select the date and time during which the filter should be activated. You also have the option to keep the filter active indefinitely, and you have to pay on an annual basis. Click “Next” to proceed.
3. Now, mark the area on the map where you want to activate the filter. Anyone can use the filter as long as they are in the area you specify here. After marking the geofence, click on “Checkout” to complete the payment.
4. As a last step, you can choose the filter type (Personal/Business) and complete the payment to create your custom Snapchat filter.
How to create a Snapchat filter through an app
1. Open Snapchat app.
2. Go to Settings and go to Filters & Lens > Filters.
3. Select Filter Occasion.
4. Select the date and time and create a geofence.
5. Choose your design and enter start and end times for the custom filter.
6. If you are satisfied, confirm and make the payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make wedding snapchat filter?
To create Snapchat filters for a special occasion like a wedding, you can visit the company’s filter creation website and use one of the wedding templates.
Is making a Snapchat filter free?
Making your own Snapchat filter for private events isn’t free. You can create and submit community filters for free. Community Filters will go through an approval process before being made available to everyone.
Can anyone create a Snapchat filter?
Yes, anyone can create Snapchat filters. As long as they have an active account. We have detailed the steps involved to create Snapchat filters in this article.
How to Make Snapchat Filter on iPhone?
Snapchat used to allow users to set up geofilters on the iPhone. However, the feature has since been removed, and is no longer available on mobile. If you are interested in creating a Snapchat geofilter, you can follow the instructions here via Snapchat Web.